Random snippets of articles, books, magazines, and websites that were striking at the time I read them.

Friday, August 13, 2004

Process Review

Sometime last week I was requested to review the support process of a software company. Since I am not an expert on the software support process, I had to wade through contracts, review existing forms, procedural flowcharts, and interview quite a number of people to understand the "pains" that they experience with the current process.

After the initial dive into the details and wracking my brain for the appropriate analysis framework, I've come to the (preliminary) conclusion that my Process Review recommendations must cover the following areas:
  • Roles. To ensure that the various parties understand what is expected of them.
  • Workflow. To describe the sequence of events that must take place for the company to properly render software support services.
  • Standards (Forms, Checklists). To ensure that the correct and complete information is collected and properly handed off from one role to another throughout the process.
  • Technology Support. To make historical analysis, periodic review, and monitoring possible.
  • Policy Decisions. To make explicit the support service levels that must be delivered by the organization.

I'm glad that I stumbled across The Vision Thing a few weeks ago; Effern's many posts on creating workflows are a helpful reminder of what works (and what does not).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

7:31 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home