Random snippets of articles, books, magazines, and websites that were striking at the time I read them.

Monday, May 10, 2004

Dell and Rollins

From a Fortune Magazine (May 10 issue) Interview of Michael Dell and Kevin Rollins (Dell's new CEO):

"People don't realize that the way Michael and I have been running the company was irrespective of titles. We just worried about what needs to be done and who's available. We don't spend a lot of time wondering who's in charge of what."

I particularly like the above quote, because it very closely describes the way that we work in my company. However, I'd always thought this type of freewheeling / as needed coordination would be possible only for small firms. It's refreshing to see that it's just as effective a management style in large firms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home